Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Turning Point

Well, here goes the first post. I decided to start this blog to help me chronicle the positive changes that I expect to occur within my life. A couple of months ago, I lost a relative who was very precious to me. The courage that she exhibited during the course of her illness was both inspiring and heartbreaking all at once. When she passed away, I felt as though my life had been sucked away and that I was left with only misery and despair.
The first couple of weeks following her death were quite blurry. I finally decided to look for some type of inspiration beyond my family, circle of friends, and clergy. Although the aforementioned did their best to comfort me, I found no solace in their words. So one night, I decided to do a search on the computer and came across some inspirational literature that outlined the effects of universal laws.
Some days later, I started noticing listings for a dvd titled "The Secret". (I'm sure by now most of you have heard about it.) The following week I heard that Oprah was going to cover this topic on her show. I didn't get to watch the show (no, I don't have TiVo) since I was still at work. I decided to be impulsive for a change and ordered it online.
Even then, I didn't view it right away. It took a few more weeks before I sat down to watch it. I didn't have any high expectations. However, once I watched it, I was glad that I did. Since that time, I have been trying to practice what I learned, not just from the DVD, but everything that I had learned since delving into self-improvement way back when I was a teenager.
I've decided to start blogging so that I can incorporate this into what I consider to be my process of healing. I want to share my experiences with others, if for nothing else, to be of help to someone who has been feeling the way that I was before I started this journey with the Law of Attraction. I am by no means an expert, but I am a human being who has had her fair share of ups and downs. Therefore, if writing this can have a positive effect on others then it will be well worth my time to write it.
I could write on and on, but I'll save some for my next entry.

No comments: